Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!!

     Wow, it's been way too long since I've blogged. Happy New Year!! Wow, how relieved am I to know 2010 is long gone and 2011 is full of fresh starts for me. I had a fabulous New Years Eve surrounded by great friends, old and new. I am so incredibly thankful for all the friends I have who have become my family! It has been sooooooooo great having so much love and support from those around me. But this year, I'm going to do things on my own. I hope no one takes that the wrong way, but it's just part of something I think is really important for me right now. For the last year, every time I've gotten sad or angry I've called someone to help get me through it. And more often than I should have, it was someone I shouldn't have called. I continued to avoid my feelings and just living my emotions for an entire year. But it is finally time I get real and just live it. Obviously, everyone has helped me sooo much to get stronger and develop into the strong woman I've become. This is just the next step to get me to where I want to be. It's time that I truly feel my emotions and live them rather than push them aside and ignore them. With as strong as I've become, I'm really confident that I can do this and move on without looking back. I now need to become my own best friend in life. There is so much I've learned about myself, but so much still left to know. With as many awesome friends as I have I must be a pretty bad ass person. It's time I learn every awesome quality I have and love who I am. I no longer want to say " No I'm not." when I'm complimented. I want to learn to simply say " Thank you." I want to write down everything I want in another person and strengthen every quality on that list I don't have. True happiness lies within.... and it's time I genuinely find that.

On another note, Brooklynn turned 1 on January 5th. How insanely crazy it is that an entire year has passed since I gave birth to my beautiful little girl. With as tumultuous of a first year she lived, she is an incredibly sweet, calm, and loving little girl. For that, I will take full credit. Without a mother handling hell as well as she did, she would not be the same little girl as she is. Brooklynn ~ I love you more than words can EVER express. You are the little princess I waited so long for and the relationship and bond that we share means everything to me. I want to always be your best friend and support you for whoever you grow up to become. I am so proud of the lovely little girl you are and look forward to many more blessed years with you. I love you princess. ~ Mommy




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment