Thursday, January 20, 2011

Forgiveness...

Hate is an extremely powerful emotion. It takes over your mind and body and leaves you consumed with anger. Never have I hated anyone in my life. Except the last couple years... It has eaten at me and eaten at me. My thoughts have been regularly consumed with how much I dislike this person. But I realized the only way to free myself from this torture is to forgive them. Not an easy task to just let go of anger and pain that has filled me. So... I reached out and emailed this person. I just broke the ice and a conversation ensued. Not a single negative thing was said and it just felt good. Positive things were said and I feel such a sense of relief. I'm not saying I want to be their best friend or that I will ever trust them. But I feel better... I feel so much more at ease knowing that this hate isn't consuming my body anymore. Hate is a strong strong emotion...but forgiveness is just as strong of an action. When you come to realize that the only person you are troubling is yourself when you have hate and anger, it's easier to let it go. But how much better it feels once it's gone....
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness is a word that is very difficult to give. Acceptance and Love are the key to achieve this word. It is difficult to forgive to those who give hardship and pain on us. The process will take long and time.

    ReplyDelete