Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life's Lessons

I believe that everyone has a lesson in life. That before you embark on this journey, you set out with a lesson that you need to learn and bring back the answer to God. I think I've figured out what mine is. Patience. Laugh now go ahead, but I'm serious. I know as well as all of you do, that patience is hardly my strong suit. But at this point in my life I am doing one of the hardest things I've ever done. I've moved away from my new comfort zone into the scary and unknown. Well, sort of unknown. hahahaha. But it has required more patience than I even knew I was capable of. And it's only been 3 weeks. But, I am doing it. And I really think I'm doing well. It is going to be a long ride. And will continue to require patience and I hope I can continue to have them. And as I'm doing this now, I'm realizing I can use this lesson in other aspects of my life. And I'm really trying. But it is truly hard. When you are so use to being one way, or many, but realize now that changes need to be made, it isn't easy to stop being who you've been for 24 years. But I do think I owe myself a pat on the back, for looking deep into myself, and consciously choosing what aspects need upgrading. I'm realizing that life isn't all about only yourself, but in everyone that is around you. I am very thankful that I am learning this lesson now, rather than in another 20 more years. And no matter what outcome, at least I will have learned a very positive trait... Patience. Patience with myself, with my kids, with my significant other, and with life in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment