Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why Why Why

It's funny that one of the most common words we hear out of children's mouths is "why?". I know that personally, I've said a million times, "Because. Stop asking why to everything." Whys from a child are for simple things like, "Why can't I have that candy? Why is the sky blue? Why can't I eat ice cream for dinner?" etc. etc. Yet as an adult, if you really sit and think about it, we are still quite constantly asking "why??" Except as "grown ups" we ask why to harder questions. Why am I in this hard position? Why did my husband leave? Why can't life just be perfect? It's funny though when you stop and think "why not?" Every obstacle in life is a lesson. Quite often, finding answers to why is much harder than we want it to be. I've decided that rather than asking why, what if I just said thank you instead? Easy??? No. However, if I hadn't been given all these obstacles I wouldn't have learned all the lessons I have and grown in such drastic ways. I read something once that said something like, take notice to why everyone says why me in negative situations but never why with every positive in their life. Made sense once I thought about it. I've never said "Why do I have so many blessings? Why do I have a stable job and a nice roof over my head? Or even why do I have money in my bank account? I think that we spend so much time focusing on why we don't have this or why this isn't fair that we forget all the positive whys in our lives. As I've gone through this rough little patch the last couple weeks it's brought me to the realization that it is up to me to change my frame of mind about my current situation. After all, most of the time your mind is your worst enemy. So, thank you for the struggles I've been given because although they have been difficult, I've also grown tremendously from the finish lines I have crossed. As I walked across my lawn tonight asking why me, I realized why not me? Perhaps God put these struggles in my life because he knew without a doubt that I could handle them. These are my cards, I can either fold or bluff my way through. And I for one.... don't fold.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment