Monday, July 11, 2011

That's Life

  The other day I was visiting with my friend and she said to me, "You are really strong and positive but you can't be that way all the time. It is okay to breakdown sometimes and FEEL." I think I have a problem with that. I DO try and be positive and find the good things in everything, but I start to hold myself to this un-human level of it not being okay to break down and get sad sometimes. It seems like every time I do, I feel bad like I need to explain to people that I don't usually do this and I'm sorry that I am. But it was funny today I took a little walk and I realized it's okay that I'm human. It's okay for me to get sad and have to feel my emotions. I don't like being down and I don't like having pity parties. Generally when I do they last about 20 minutes and I snap myself out of it. Look, life certainly has dealt me some blows, but life has dealt plenty of other people blows to. This is life... this is how it works. You have ups and you have downs. Not one single person is exempt from life's lessons. I don't think anyone thinks every lesson in life is fun but it creates your story. I guess I look at it like the life of a flower. A flower grows from a seed. The seed starts to grow and develop into a flower through water. That water isn't always from the nice sprinkling of a shower spray on the hose. It weather many thunderstorms to develop into the beautiful being it becomes. I suppose life works the same way. Your story starts with a life, the life has it's pleasant experiences from a hose on shower setting, but it has it's thunderstorms as well. Nothing is enough to break me. I will weather every storm and I will continue to grow and eventually my story will be a beautiful flower. The sun will always shine... after every storm there is calm.... I will find my calm...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment