Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Am I Failing??

Maybe I should be more careful of my title.... I suppose I know deep down inside that I'm not. And even more, that it might not have anything to do with me. But I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong. One of my kids is having an extremely hard time behaving at daycare. Last week was awesome and he rocked it. Then... off to Andy's he went for the weekend and came back a different child. He said somethings at daycare to a parent that should have NEVER come out of his mouth. To say I'm mortified is an understatement. I'm crushed. It's one of these situations that I feel like it's a reflection of me as a mother. If I am doing such a great job why would he ever act like this at daycare? Why would he ever say that?! Then I stop and try and remind myself that Chels... he's gone through more in his 5 years of life than you have in the 24 you've been alive. All the hard times I've had myself, he's been right there with me. Perhaps I need to start thinking of it like that. All the rough periods I've gone through, I've had a little soldier holding my pinky walking the same route. It's absolutely crushing as a mom to know I haven't had the ability to protect him from the hurt and painful experiences he's gone through. I want to take him and put him in a shell and carry him through his life protected from the harsh realities of the world that he may experience again. I understand he has to be angry and sad and confused with life in general. I just wish I knew how to help him understand those emotions. I have an appointment for me and him with a child psychologist in April, but I hate that it's so far away. I see how desperate my son is for help.... It makes me feel like a failure that I can't give him that help. I want to solve everything for him. I understand that the situation we are in is not my fault, but I wish I was more capable to give all my children enough 1 on 1 time to provide for both parents. The fact remains however that I can't. Where is that nanny angel when I need her to tag her into the ring???
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment