Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shame on You KSL!

So I read an article this morning on KSL saying that single mothers are now less accepted by society than gay or lesbian parents. Let me first start by saying I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with gays or lesbians being parents. A loving home is a loving home. But this article made me soooo angry! The amount of ignorance in this article is disgusting. I'm not sure if KSL or "society" in a whole who has this opinion must be under the impression that single moms chose this life. Yes that must be right.... Because I had so much say when my husband just up and walked out leaving me in the situation I'm in. But, to say that we are "bad for society" angers me beyond belief. I suppose children living in 1 broken home where love doesn't exist MUST be better than a single mom who has love emanating from her every pore. I guess, a drunk alcoholic father who beats his wife and children is better than a sober single mom who could never raise a finger to her children. I am disgusted and angry at not only the fact that these statistics exist, but that KSL felt the need to put this crap in the media. Single moms are NOT bad for society. We are doing everything we can to survive in the situations we've been put in. I am a single mom who has plenty of single mom friends and we are ALL amazing mothers who love our children more than life itself. Not one of us as a little girl set out for a dream of being a single mom raising our children without husbands. However, we are WOMEN, and we handle anything and everything thrown our way. Perhaps an article should be written on the damage and effect deadbeat dads have on society instead. Shame on you KSL!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree with every word said! You should copy this and send it to ksl. They don't know what the hell they are talking about. A child is better raised in a broken home, rather than being broken, by being raised in a broken home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I emailed them! And sent them a link to this blog. This was crap!

    ReplyDelete