Friday, March 4, 2011

Asking For Help

 It's funny how once you become so independent you start having such a hard time asking for help. It's like I have amazing family and friends and everyone has made it so clear they will help me whenever I need it. So why can't I ever take it when I'm clearly exhausted? I'm trying to do so many things right now while trying to be a great mom and I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Why is it set in my head that I should be able to do it all with out a problem? Is it because their dad makes me feel like it's so easy and shouldn't struggle? Well that's stupid too because obviously he isn't here doing it everyday.... I'm tired... and worn out. I forget that I'm not super woman and sometimes I need to just say "ok" when someone offers. I love that two of my friends have told me this week, "Chels, if it's that hard to ask for help I'm done asking if you want it. I'll be there to pick those kids up so just have them ready whether you want it or not." How did I get blessed with such great friends? What did I do to deserve them? It's funny that a couple years ago I didn't have a problem asking for help ever. Now that I've become ms. independent I can't even seem to take it when it's offered. Somehow I need to convince myself that it's ok to need help. It's ok for me to not be able to do everything and getting worn out is normal if not expected. Physically I'm only 1 person. I am only 1 body and can't do everything by myself all the time. It's time for super momma to hang her cape up and start accepting help when it's offered and even asking when it's needed. No one is perfect and no one can do everything, I need to realize I'm not an exception to that rule.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment