Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Greatest Position Ever...

So 5 years ago the man upstairs recommended me for this job.... I got hired on and it has been BY FAR, the most challenging job ever. I don't get raises or vacation time. I always work in 24 hour shifts, and breaks are far and few between. There are no medical benefits, but plenty of visits to the doctor. I don't get financial compensation but the benefits are AMAZING. I work with 3 little people who make excellent coworkers. Although they usually test my patience and keep me on my toes, they bring me more happiness than anything in the world. They call this position: Mom.
I can't even begin to put into words how much I love being a mom. It is the most challenging job ever, but there is nothing more rewarding. This evening has been so great with my kids. We played outside, went on a walk, and ate pizza in the family room for dinner. The boys couldn't believe we were eating dinner in the family room, and watching the joy in their faces in just a simple pleasure melted my heart. There are so many days where I am physically and emotionally exhausted from trying to keep up with the demands of being a single mom of three kids, but it's evenings like this that make it all so worth it. Watching my children run and play and take joy in spending time with ME is the best feeling in the world. Although I'm going to school to better our lives, if I never go anywhere else in life but being a mom, I will have succeeded. I truly believe I was meant to be a mom and have no idea how I possibly lived before them. My heart BEATS with the love that they fill me with. Knowing I get to kiss their boo boos better, tuck them in, give them hugs and kisses, and raise them into the wonderful people they are is enough to satisfy me for the rest of my days. I love you Kayden, Kyler, and Brooklynn. Never will you know how much you mean to me. I am so proud of who all three of you are and will always be here to support and guide you through life. When you are at school I miss you, and when you are sleeping, I dream about you. For always and ever I will love you....
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are very lucky to call you mom! You are such a cute mom chels. I love reading your blog, it always reminds me what the important things in life are..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Mand! I love writing this blog and love having people tell me how much it touches them. :)

    ReplyDelete