Sunday, May 1, 2011

Playing Pretend For Just A Moment...

Today I'll play pretend... The year is 1952 and I'm cooking for my husband in the kitchen listening to Billie Holiday on the radio. What a beautiful sound that is to my ears. My husband will be home shortly and my children are out playing. I don't have to worry about them out running around because child molestors are a rarity in our society. The house smells of homemade chocolate chip cookies and the dog is out playing with the children. My husband and I may have our arguments but divorce is not an option. He'll take me out on a date Friday night to the jazz club and I'll get all dressed up in a fancy dress and lots of jewelry. He'll look as handsome as can be and will tell me how "beautiful" I look rather than "hott". We married young and once the children came, I no longer worked. I just take care of my husband and children. We finally saved up enough money for a car of our own and gas costs us only $0.25 a gallon. We recently got a television in our house but the children would still much rather be out running amuck than watching the box in the family room. Aaahhhhh..... the joys of playing pretend.

Feeling Today: Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment