Friday, May 6, 2011

For The Mothers

My Family
 Mother's day is just a couple days away so of course I have to blog. I have an amazing mother who has taught me so much in life. She taught me to be strong and independent and to never give up when the going gets tough. To just fight back. But I also have a lot of adopted mommas as well. I have an amazing Aunt that has been there for me through thick and thin and never stopped loving me. Only pumped it up when I needed it most. I have a Grandma who gives me encouraging words and an ear to listen whenever I need it. She's always there to pick me up on days that I'm just not feeing 100%. I also have an awesome friend Deborah who has adopted me in and makes me feel so incredibly special. She gives it to me tough when I need it, but is there to remind me that in the rough times in life, nothing can change who I AM. I'm so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. Not only do I have lots of mommas, I have amazing momma friends. So many of my mom friends are single moms making life work. It's great that we have each other and are there to give unlimited support. We know the struggles we face, and we usually know just what to say. And if all else fails, we always have mommy juice to give in support. As I reflect on what Mother's Day means to me this year, it's such a victorious day to me. I'm doing it.... and I'm doing it well. My children are such a blessing in my life, and I love that we make such an awesome team. Today Larry sent me flowers and a sweet note at what an amazing mother I am. It's nice to not only feel it, but get recognized for it from the father of my children. How many ex-husbands do that? I am truly blessed and this Mother's Day is something especially special. I'm a great mom.... and I'll say it proudly.

Feeling Today: Blessed and Thankful
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment