Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Is Hiding Easier?

I hate when you have to question if you can trust people you are close to. And I can assure you, I'm not talking about who you probably think I am. It's funny because some of the women in my family have asked me, "How do you get so many friends? How do you know you can trust them?" I've always said that I'm just super social and make friends easily. But as far as trust, I think I'm one of those people who trust too easily. Maybe instead of giving people trust until they break it, I should live by the idea of not trusting until you've earned it. I'm sick of getting hurt by people and maybe it's safer if I just hide out from people so there isn't anyone there to hurt me. I spent a lot of great time with my kids this weekend and it made me realize how blessed I am. How thankful I am for these three amazing little people that I have in my life. When I'm sad my boys are the first to hug me and ask me, "What's wrong mommy? You can talk to me." Although there are times I can't talk to them about what's bothering me, there are plenty of others when I can just say I'm having a hard day and their hugs and kisses make things so much better. I think there are a lot of times lately where I've felt my kids are the only ones I can trust that love me unconditionally because all they see is their "mommy". And in their eyes, I'm perfect. I'm a very social person and hiding isn't my thing, but I feel like right now that's the only way I can protect myself. There are plenty of reasons that I find that I have nothing to worry about, but there's always those few little things that make me think I should. I don't like having to question relationships or how true people are, and maybe that's why some people I know don't let people get close to them at all. Maybe they have the right idea after all. I guess all I can do is look inside right now for the answers I know are there. It's deep in your being that you find the true answers after all...Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment