Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Year Ago...

A year ago you shattered my life... A year ago I sat on the floor holding our newborn daughter balling asking you why you were doing this while you grabbed your toothbrush and walked out... A year ago I held my boys as they cried and asked me why you were moving to Grandpas... A year ago my soul stepped outside my body and I walked around in a daze...A year ago I wondered what was wrong with me that would make you leave...A year ago I was scared to death how I would provide for my children....A year ago my heart was shattered... A year ago I couldn't imagine how I would ever go on without you...
Today... I am living my life like it is absolutely worth living. Today... I stand tall and strong and have no doubts about myself. Today... I hold my children while they continue to ask questions, but now I'm better prepared to answer them. Today... I am better off financially than I have ever been... Today I am living without you and occasionally wondering how I could have ever actually lived WITH you. Today... my heart is on the mend and my wounds have turned to scars. Today... I am a strong independent woman that survived....


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what I mean when I say I watch my children grow up to be strong independent adults. It's a journey that takes work and is worth the effort. You are a shining example of a successful survivor, parent, and human being.

    ReplyDelete