Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happiness in the small things

How much happiness I am finding in the small things. Yesterday Brooklynn smiled for the first time. 3 whole times!! And it was the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. It brought me soooooooo much joy. And the thought of her smile is giving me a huge grin even right now. Its these small little "happy thoughts" as our family calls them that I dig into everyday. Or the "happy thought" of Kayden kicking me in the eye last night when he slept with me. Yes it hurt but how sweet it is to see them sleeping so soundly it just makes you smile! Today I read a quote that really got to me " I believe that you can keep going long after you think you can't." And its so true. I was so devastated a week ago and its been 7 days and look how strong I am already. Just like that song " I might feel defeated, and I might hang my head, I might be barely breathing but I'm not dead no. Because tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain!" Happy thoughts people - Brooklynn's Smile. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love cute little brand new baby smiles! It fills their whole face huh?!?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete