Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Faith Pays Off part 2

Well I know I've said it before, but I will say it again and again, having faith pays off. I met with my attorney today to sign final papers for the amendment to my paternity papers with sperm donor and I felt so blessed. My attorney showed me my statement and I had gone over my retainer fee considerably and will probably continue to do so. However, she said she isn't going to charge me another penny because I am exactly the kind of person she wants to help. She said me and my son have been through enough and putting a financial strain on me is not her plan. So, here I stand with so much incurred in attorney fees, but not owing a penny for them. When I decided I needed to take him back to court and have our papers changed I was terrified trying to figure out how I would be able to pay for it. I had a credit card to put the retainer on but after that I had no idea what I would do short of cutting back money on groceries to pay what else I would owe. But, I knew it needed to be done and had faith that it would all work out. Sure enough, that faith paid off. I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do, and continue meeting people who genuinely care for me and my little family.  I suppose this is one of those times when I wonder why me? Why do I get to be blessed with help and good people in my life and other people aren't? The answers to why I will never know. But as I said, all I can say is thank you... I've been well taken care of by my angels I suppose and that's all that matters. Our papers will be signed by a judge in the next couple weeks and worries of him endangering my baby (once he gets out of prison that is) will all be in the past. When you don't know how to go forward, or are scared of how you will possibly be able to do it, remember to look above you and have faith that you will be taken care of. The path is full of hills and boulders, but never forget you are far from walking alone...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment