Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To my boys...

To Kayden & Kyler,
   There are days that I wonder why in the heck you have so much energy and why you can't just sit down and chill out and refrain from wrestling for 5 minutes. There are times when I think how weird little boys are and how much different you are from little girls. As prissy as I am, it's obviously hard for me to relate to bugs, dirt, skateboards, and dead rats. And there are definitely times I wonder why you smell so funny sometimes and not like flowers all the time like girls. But as I sit back and I reflect on all these things I don't understand, or sometimes lose patience with, I realize one day I won't have it anymore. One day I'll wonder where my boys are that use to be bounding through the house while you are out with your friends on a Saturday night. I'll wish I had mud to clean off my floors from your shoes when instead you are out on dates with your girlfriends. One day, you won't be home with me anymore but rather in your own homes with your own families. You two little boys bring so much joy (and dirt) to me and you'll never be able to fathom to the extent that I love you. Although some days I just wish you could do more for yourselves, I know that the day that you can and you need me just a little less, I'll wish you still needed me for everything. I don't understand why farting is so funny, or why you need to pee together so you can sword fight your pee streams, but I do understand that although I don't get the whole "boy" thing, I do love you more than you'll ever know. You two are my little men and I hope that I am raising you so that even when you are grown and old, momma will still have a special place in your heart. I have dreams and hopes for your futures that you experience nothing but success and happiness. I hope you reach every star you aim for and that you remember the light is on back home if you ever need me. So, for all the dirt, creepy dead rats, farts, and pee sword fights that I will surely miss one day, I will try and be just a little more patient with you as you are little boys. I love you so much and hope one day you'll read this and look back and think your mom did a good job. So continue to be little boys for now and drive me crazy, because one day I'll wish you were still here to do it. Love you Kayd and Ky... my little "prince charmings" always and forever. Love Mom
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think you are an amazing momma chels and those boys are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete