Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Power of Positivity

 Ok so we are officially 1 month and 15 days into the year... and I feel AMAZING. I wrote just a couple blogs ago that this was MY year to sparkle! And damn it, I'm sparkling. Put on your glasses people because I'll be blinding people this year ;) It is amazing how much the power of positivity can change your life. I decided this was my year. I decided I was no longer sweating the small stuff and I was gonna just be going with the flow. And in just 46 days, it has greatly paid off. This week, I won our court battle with evicting the tenant from hell from our home, I get a surgery I've waited a long time for, and I got my family back together. What? you say! My ex-husband and I got back together and decided to move forward together, as a family, working through everything. Now, if you've been reading since the beginning you may ask why the hell would I do that. But the fact of the matter is, you can't judge my choices without knowing my reasons. Throughout the last 2 years we haven't honestly been apart and I think we both realized that we can't live without each other. We've tried, but we always end back up around each other. So, he took the final step of asking for a second chance at fixing things. Sometimes you just need time to figure things out, space to grow, and wounds to heal to realize what you had was what you wanted all along. Do I have fears? Of course. But as a good friend told me, there are no guarantees in life. Whether it be him, a different him, my job, even my life period, nothing is ever guaranteed to me.  All that I can do is continue to be grateful for THIS day and live it for what it is. I don't think I could be happier in life than I am right now. And that is truly perfect. Because if you wait for a day when you will be happier, you will only be miserable. I will continue to be positive, not sweat the petty shit, and keep sparkling on. For it is MYSELF that determines my happiness and the direction I go. Sometimes... you just leap.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Only you know whats best for YOUR family, other people can't tell you what is best since they are not the ones living it and raising those gorgeous kids of your guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! That's how I feel. Our lives are heading in a great direction and I am happy about it :)

      Delete
  2. R U EFFING KIDDING ME???? I KNEW IT - I KNEW IT - I KNEW IT & I OH SO HOPED IT...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Nope serious as a heart attack Deb!! How about some jazz tickets for a date night?

      Delete