Friday, February 10, 2012

Sparkling...

I have seriously been working on not sweating the small stuff since my post a little bit back. Consciously thinking if this will matter in a year; even 3 months. And can I tell you the difference I feel? There are definitely still stresses in my life and things I'm ready to see a resolution to, but knowing that there IS an end in site and in just a couple months it will all be a memory has significantly helped me to let things go. I wrote in January that I wanted this year to be different. I want this year to be MY year to sparkle. And here I am at February 10, sparkling. I have THE most amazing family and friends a girl could ask for. The support I get from them all warms my heart on a regular basis. I continuously get uplifting compliments about how amazing I am to people and how much I inspire some people to want more and I feel awesome about it. Next week I am finally having my surgery that I've wanted for 7 years and I am beyond excited. It was a hard decision to put that much money towards something for ME and not my whole family, but I figured at this point in my journey I deserve it. And the best, most exciting part of life right now is I graduate in 2 weeks. I decided to go back to school a year and a half ago terrified out of my mind. Would I be able to do it and be a single mom at the same time? Would I give up before I was done because it was too exhausting? But I didn't. I kept going through every stupid assignment and exhausting final, I kept going. Through the help and support of my friends and family with my kids, I am finally done. In just 2 weeks I'll have that expensive piece of paper I wanted so badly to prove to myself I could get. I do want to go back and do more but I think for now I'll just wait until life settles down a little bit. Enjoy my kids and watch them grow and go back when I have a little more time. I proved to myself what I wanted to prove and that was that I COULD achieve something I wanted without giving up. Here we are just a month into the year and look at all the things going positively in my life! When you decide to look at life differently and enjoy every moment for what it is, you start to reap the benefits. As my friend Crystal told me, I am not just shining this year... I'm gonna sparkle...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment