Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where Does Time Go??

Where does time go? Such a funny thing time is. When it's something you want to hurry up along, like the healing process, it takes forever. But when it's something you want to slow down, it breezes by. Today my little man Kyler turns 6 years old. I look back and it seems like it was just barely that I was anxiously waiting for them to just induce me and get him out! And now here he is, half way through Kindergarten, and 6! He is so full of life and always wanting to experience everything to the fullest. There are times when I wonder why he asks so many questions or has to do and try everything possible. But I've come to realize he's just being a kid. He's learning and trying to take everything in that he possibly can. This little guy ALWAYS has a hug for me and an "I love you mom." He's still curls up small to snuggle with me and needs his "mommy" every once in a while. It's funny to watch your kids grow up and watch them become more and more independent everyday. One of these days, these crazy boys of mine aren't going to need me as much. In fact, one of these days, I'll be a little old lady who needs them. I hope that when the day comes that I am helpless, my boys don't even hesitate and come to my aid when I need them. Kayden got the leader of the week award at school yesterday, and Kyler has STRAIGHT A's on his report card! There are times I wonder if I'm just completely screwing this whole parenting gig up. But then things like that happen and I realize I'm raising some pretty awesome kids. Kyler... you are one incredible little boy. You keep living life to the fullest and wanting to experience everything. You fall down, but you always bounce back up so quickly. I have no doubt we'll have more stitches in our future, but if your cup is full that's all I care about. Don't ever aim anywhere less than the moon and remember I'm here watching and supporting you to succeed. You are truly a miracle to me. I love you son. Happy 6th birthday.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I read your journey it makes me cry, you are right life does go by fast and our kids and grandkids grow up fast.You guys are doing an awesome job being parents keep up the good work and always remember live life to its fullest.Happy Birthday Kyler I love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete