Friday, October 7, 2011

Secret to Happiness...

Today one of my good friends asked me how I found happiness again so quickly. "Share your secrets please..." Isn't this a rather common question? What is the secret to happiness? Perhaps it isn't easy to accomplish but it's a rather simple concept... Happiness isn't something you go in search for. It isn't in the next guy, it isn't in a new car or lots of money... it's simply in yourself. I found my happiness by pulling it from inside again. I rid my life of the things that were holding me back and pushed forward. The only way to find happiness is to quit trying to find it. I found the perfect saying the other day, it said if you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace... you are living in the present. And never has a quote spoken to me so strongly. That's what I'm genuinly trying so hard to do right now. Live in the now. What happened, happened and it's done now. What hasn't happened yet hasn't happened, so why stress about what if?  But living in this moment, right now, soaking in every moment for what it is is what is bringing me happiness. Whether its dinners with friends, hugs from my kids, encouragement from my family, I'm living IN every moment. If you continue to try and look for moments to come, how will you ever enjoy the one you are in? The happiness you are "searching" for is here... right now. You just have to look with in rather than continue looking without....
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment