Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year... And all that other shit

  Okay it's now officially 2014 and everyone continues to remind us so... Happy New Year. No really, I hope this year brings everyone health, happiness, and prosperity. But that's not actually why I'm posting. And to be legit, this is probably going to be a really boring post and nothing inspirational like most of my followers expect. It's more of me just rambling about shit because I realized I need to.

Okay, so back in November I decided that school's done and I was bored as shit. So being the impulsive person that I am, I randomly decided one night while laying in bed that I was going to change my life. And by change my life I actually mean my body. After the hubs and I got back together I gained weight. Not blaming him because it's legit my fault that I ate the same way he did, but, it doesn't help that he eats Mcdonalds like every. single. day. So of course I started eating like he did. Him being the sextastic machine that he is, he doesn't gain a single pound so I took it upon myself to gain enough for both of us. Which p.s. isn't a good look for me. Ok so back to November, lying in bed one night I have this crazy idea that from now on, I'm gonna eat clean and train mean. Next day, I contacted a trainer, got my shit signed up, and started on this crazy fitness journey. (the trainer and I are no longer working together but he taught me some awesome shit that has helped mold my path) As of the last time I weighed in, I was down 12 lbs. Which is awesome don't get me wrong! Totally stoked on it. However, I'm a chick and us chicks really love this thing called "instant gratification". I get frustrated when I'm not dropping the lb's like I did going through the epic (and incredibly effective) divorce diet. Which brings me to the last couple days... I've decided I have to retrain my brain into not worrying so much about the number, but rather on the big picture. Obviously, a lower number would be fan-f*cking-tastic (sorry for the cuss words grams) but what I actually want is to see my body parts transform into epic awesomeness. There is a certain way I want my arms to look. And my legs, my tummy, and my back. This journey can't be about a number otherwise I'll hit it and then brush my hands off and be like, "well, that was cool". This has to just be a lifestyle and a new way of living. I already only weigh myself every couple of weeks because I don't want to get obsessed with that scale, but I do still get frustrated that I can't see my muscles bulging out of my arms yet. However, I do remind myself and remember that although my results aren't instantly visual, the change is there working inside my body. I keep this photo album in my phone called motivation and keep tons of fitness motivation pics in it and my favorite one says " It's a slow process, don't make it slower by quitting." I'm not going to see these incredible results tomorrow, but in 3,4,6 months I will. So I continue to eat clean and I continue to hit that gym every night and I work and wait for the transformation I'm aiming for. I'm not doing this for anyone but myself (although the hubs does benefit ;) bow chica wow wow) so there is no rush. I can learn to be patient. I'll keep working hard and staying motivated and I'll get there. One protein shake, squat, and sit up at a time... I. will. get. there.

P.S. I will probably post about this shit a lot because it is on my mind a lot. Totally understand if you don't want to read it, but being as this is MY blog, I can do whatever I want :) (totally kidding of course. I love when you all tell me how much you love my blog.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment